Monday, February 24, 2014

Starting the Ride!

Hi There!
My name is Rena O'Regan and I teach Grade 6 English & Social Studies.
I believe technology is a crucial component of education today, but it changes so quickly and moves so rapidly, it is a real challenge  keeping up. Fortunately my students, and my own children, help me along the way, and I consider myself  "a work in progress!"
I am doing this course to challenge myself professionally. Technology is not the favorite part of my job, but a necessary one, so I am trying to learn some tricks of the trade, hopefully some shortcuts, and be a little bit more savvy, so I can help my students and be an more effective teacher.:)
Here goes!

So far my favorite place in the Philippines... mmm...Palawan!
I did the El Nido to Coron (if you don't mind roughing it a bit and eating lots of seafood).

http://www.taophilippines.com/

2 comments:

  1. Rena, thanks for the vacation recommendation. We haven't been to Palawan yet, but it's definitely on our list! Thanks for joining the program, and hopefully you will feel like you can teach your students a techy thing or two by the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you loved technology? Hopefully together we can both increase our knowledge and use of it for the benefit of these sixes.

    ReplyDelete